Moose

Moose

Monday, August 1, 2011

Old Friends

Today's blog will be a short one..

I had the opportunity to meet with an old friend yesterday and realized I hadn't had a chance to just sit and talk with him in around 20 years.  This was someone I used to hang out with and talk to all the time when I was younger.  Long story short.  We got to talk for about two and a half hours and I was so glad he hit me up when he came to town.

If you have a friend who you haven't talked to in years.... maybe it is time to carve out some time to find, call or visit.  Trust me, you will thank yourself for it.

Thanks to my friend for carving some time out of your short visit to Missouri to spend a little time with me!!

1 comment:

  1. It was great being able to chat again, like we did when we were young. When I arrived in Rolla, the sense of nostalgia was overwhelming. Everything was familiar, yet different. The memories of everything I had experienced in that town for the 23 years I grew up there enveloped me, and like a puppy I began sniffing every tree for memories. But after a few days, the little things start to remind you, that you've been away for nearly as long as you were here. While good memories always make me feel warm and fuzzy, there are still bad ones too. Nostalgia made me homesick, and not for the past.

    It was beyond words what it was like to see old friends. Not just friends, but people you were closer to than your own brothers. Its nice to see that time and distance cannot change the core from what friendships are created.

    ReplyDelete